Monday, October 1, 2007

Now… It's All In FedEx's Hands…

fedex_tipped

Unless something like this happens, by Wednesday, Mexico should have our applications for Sport Licenses and Temporary Importation. And hopefully, they will use the self-addressed pre-paid fedex envelope I provided to return our temporary importation sticker. We will get our licenses in Oaxaca during registration for the event.

I was finally able to speak to someone at the Federacion Mexicana de Automovilismo Deportivo who spoke English well enough to tell me the name of an actual person to email my questions to, rather than their "contact us" email, which got no response. The next day, my new Mexican BFF emailed back exactly what I wanted: concise information about what forms and documents I need, how much to write the check for, and where to send it.

This morning, I couldn't see the top of my desk - multiple sets of forms, photos, scanned documents, fedex airbills, emails, checks, and 2 cups of coffee were strewn about. Now...a beautiful sight.

DSC02035

A single neat folder containing all things La Carrera. I even have a fedex envelope ready to send to our transporter, once Mexico sends my sticker and permit.

Later, I am going to celebrate this accomplishment with a few margaritas.

No comments: