Saturday, October 20, 2007

Why?

A few people have asked me why the GT3 for La Carrera?

Well, the answer is simple: I already had 2 GT3s, so prepping 1 for the race was easy.

Wait. What?

Yeah, you heard me. The reason I seem to always be transporting the car back and forth between LA and NY is not because I have a magic transporter to move cars. I got two of them. So, the decision to "gently modify" one was easy.

Of course, there's more to it than convenience and poor financial planning, including the heritage of Porsche's participation in La Carrera, the fact that it was relatively easy to prep that car to run the event (thanks to the genius craftsmanship of Thom at Porsche of Huntington and Musante Motorsports) and the fact that it's a comfortable car.

Huh? Come again?

Yes, comfortable. Yes, my GT3 has the proper seats from the Carrera GT, it's still a comfortable car. With a few things that are required for our winning strategy.

Carrera GT Seats

The Unlimited Class is for modern road cars. It's also for cars that are registered, you know, with license plates and the whole deal. Other than the cage that we put in the car, the car is completely qualified to run the event stock. There's nothing that would need to be changed to run.

Sure we did a few other things to give us a bit of an edge, but truth be told... The GT3 is ready to go from Stuttgart.

I hope that the guys at Porsche (yes, I see you reading this blog) aren't too offended by what we're doing with their once beautiful, flawless machine in the greatest road race in the Americas.

No comments: